Spring 2022-Fall 2023
The Graduate School is seeking applications for the Faculty Mentoring Fellow Program beginning January 2022. Graduate Mentoring Fellows will be engaged with their respective colleges and the Graduate School as we seek to implement a 3-year mentoring improvement process in the advising relationship between faculty and graduate students.
This program seeks to recognize strengths and to identify possible opportunities for improvement. The program will provide professional development activities for faculty, graduate students, and post-docs. Fellows will have the opportunity to assess/describe the mentoring culture within their college and shape programming over the next year.
We seek highly motivated individuals who are passionate about mentoring and have some unique interest or experience with mentoring programs or are engaged in research about the mentoring relationship.
The program will kick off on January 19th, 2022 with a Key Note Presentation from Dr. Melissa McDaniels, The Associate Executive Director for the Center for the Improvement of Mentored Experiences in Research at the University of Wisconsin. We will have several other workshops and events that day, as well. Please see the flyers attached to this email for more information.
Faculty will receive a $5,000 dollar incentive for participation in the year long program. The incentive will be distributed along the following schedule. These incentives cannot be used for salary.
|Spring – 2022 May||$2,000|
|Summer – 2022 August||$1,000|
|Fall – 2022||$2,000|
Faculty fellows will serve one year. Terms will begin in January, 2022 and extend through December, 2022.
- Meet monthly with other faculty and graduate student mentoring fellows across colleges
- Gain an understanding of the mentoring issues and culture within your college
- Identify mentoring successes within your college
- Influence or design programming on effective mentoring practices
- Participate in the selection university mentoring award recipients for faculty, graduate student, and postdoc awards
One faculty member from each academic college will be chosen to participate in the initiative. Faculty can be tenure-track or clinical faculty (Assistant, Associate, or Full).
Application Process: Applications are due December 10th, 2021. Submit one PDF with the following files in this order to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A letter from the applicant indicating interest and any special expertise or experience regarding mentoring
- Current curriculum vitae
- A brief letter of endorsement from the department head
If you have any questions direct them to: Dr. Melanie Morgan email: email@example.com